Thursday, May 22, 2014

Nice, Monaco, Eze!!!

Shanell

Nice
As I sit here in the lobby of the Hotel Boreal, I finally realize how beautiful our day was. I know, here I go again with the word beautiful. I don't know how else to describe what we saw today. After leaving our Avignon hotel in the rain at 6:30 in the morning, we arrived in Nice. By far in my opinion the most beautiful stop we have made in Europe thus far. The buildings are colorful, the city is clean and spacious. However, more important than these things the people are NICE. 




Monaco
Fun Fact: Monaco has the most Millionaires per capita in the world! We spent a relatiely short time in Monaco. Monaco is so small, you can literally walk the entire island in an hour. While there we visited the International University of Monaco. I found that once we entered the country it was a little crowded, it wasn't long before I was informed that the city of Monte Carlo was hosting the Grand Prix 2014.
At the International University of Monaco we were given information by Annalisa  Tarquini. Mrs. Tarquini is the program director of the MSC in Luxury Management at the International University of Monaco. She gave us so much detail about what it really means to work in the service industry. Mrs. Tarquini also gave us important information for pursuing a degree from IUM.


Eze
While in Eze we ate dinner as a group at the top of what I would like to say is the highest hill I have ever climbed. Although, it may have taken a long while to get to the top of the hill it was a truly inspirational and amazing view. Part of the reason the hike to the top seemed to never end is because none of us could walk more than two feet without stopping to take pictures.
Once we reached the top we had dinner at this quaint little restaurant named "le Nid d'Aigle" . If you are having a hard time pronouncing it believe me when I tell you - So were we. 




Freetime

After dinner we played some games on the bus until we arrived at the hotel. Many of us decided to go for a walk on the beach. while walking to the beach we took the scenic route, met a mime and ran into some other students. 

All in all it's been a great day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment