We have 19 students, 2 community members, and 3 college faculty ready to head to Europe! This first posting is to help remind everyone what to prep for the trip. We will not review items already addressed, but go over tasks which still need to be done by everyone.
Here are the limitations:
- Checked baggage
- 158 cm maximum linear dimension (height + width + length)
- 23 kg (50 lb) maximum weight
- A second bag will cost at least $100 per way + taxes
- Carry on luggage limits
- Maximum 23 cm by 40 cm by 55 cm
- 10 kg (22 lb) maximum weight
- Electronic items with restricted use
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Casual clothing (European standards - no yoga pants, Bud shirts, or clothing with holes)
- 1 set of business casual (button up collared top, no denim)
- Spring jacket
- Electronics (hair dryer, phone, chargers & adapters, razors)
Getting to and from the airport:
We have had a few questions about how everyone should get to the airport. Well, there are several options besides walking or hitchhiking!
- You can post on this site in the discussion area to arrange a ride with another participant in the trip, or offer a ride if you have room in your vehicle.
- Services such as Simcoe County Airport Service will provide door to terminal service for customers with prices listed on their website.
- You can Park n Fly at the airport.
If you have other questions, feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can try posting in the comments section here!