Thursday, May 30, 2013

Germany nursing school

On our last day of the trip we were able to go to a German nursing school and also interact with students there. It was interesting to learn about how their program is different from both ours and the French system.  Like the French system they are in school for three years and they seperate their clinical and lecture.  They told us that nursing in Germany is not a respectable profession which is so much different then how it is in the states.  They arent praised for going to nursing like most of us are.  I think it is awful that they go to school for such a long time and after they graduate that have to do a job that hardly anyone respects them for.  If that's how nursing was in the united states I don't think I would be able to do it. I thought visiting with the German nursing students was a great experience for us, and it really opened my eyes to how lucky I am to be living in a place that respects nurses.

Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment