Friday, May 3, 2013

Red, White and Blue and Cousins by Two


The countdown begins. It’s May 3rd and on June 4th we leave for Europe.  We will be busy this next month continuing with our preparations for travel. We’ve turned in all our homework assignments with exception to the final essay due upon our return.  In the meantime, I wanted to share a story about three fellow classmates.

Take a look at the attached photo. 
Featured from left to right are Rachel, Janna and Jake.  Now when I saw them in class (and they always sit together) I noticed they were dressed in red, white and blue.   My next thought was, how fitting, they are representing the American flag.  But then, I thought, they should have all worn green instead because they are all from Wall, Texas. 

What makes this even more interesting is that they are related, well almost all related.  Please take a look at Janna—she’s the one raising her hand.  Janna is the link here.  Let me see if I can explain it clearly.   Janna and Rachel are cousins and Janna and Jake are cousins, but Rachel and Jake are not related.  You could easily get confused.  Originally I thought Janna and Rachel were sisters because they share the same last name and that Jake was their cousin.  I was wrong.  That may explain why I don’t think they look alike either. 

But anyway, I thought it was a fun story.  I got them to smile and wave for the camera.  I’ll be sure to get more photos as they travel with me.   Maybe they will inspire everybody else from Wall to travel to Europe next year.  You know, start a trend or even better, create a challenge to see how many more students from Wall will sign up that are related and can outnumber this trio.  It’s worth a try don’t you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment