Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Last day in London

Today was our last day in London.......students scattered with various interests....some visited Stonehenge, some St. Paul's Cathedral, four of us ventured to the Universal Tour of Harry Potter. Plebeian, I know, but for Harry Potter fans its not to be missed! We saw sound stages (we were IN the Great Hall!), sets (Dumbledore's office, Hagrid's hut, Griffindor's common room & bedroom, Diagonal Alley) and so much more! We saw so many props & artifacts from the films....it truly was a great experience for Harry Potter fans!

Unfortunately, for me, today wasn't the best day. I experienced one of those difficult days that most study abroad participants, will most  likely experience in their journey. Not only is today the day my youngest son graduating from middle school but my mother was admitted to the hospital. Right now she is fine but its tough being so far away. My students are so sweet though, they knew I was having a tough time and they brought me flowers! It's nice to know we're all in this together!

Tomorrow early flight to Berlin!

No comments:

Post a Comment