Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Hopital Trousseau Tour from Matt

The tour of  Hopital Trousseau in Paris, France was very interesting.  After arriving to the hospital by metro with our guide Fatima we met with administrative staff at the hospital.  The president of the hospital welcomed us to the facility and then we toured the hospital with different individuals in administration and nursing.  Hopital Trousseau is a children's hospital that preforms care for patients ranging from premature babies to teenagers.  Throughout the visit, our group from Memphis visited multiple wards (floors) of the hospital.  My favorite was the NICU, because I was in the NICU when I was born.  I was surprised to discover how advanced the NICU unit at Hopital Trousseau was compared to NICUs in America.  The visit was very informing and gave me a new found respect for the French healthcare system and the dedication the the staff at Hopital Trousseau have for their patients.

-Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment